Who We Are
Austin Smart City Alliance™ is an association collaborating to improve the quality of life for the people of Austin through smart city initiatives. Our membership includes:
- Government organizations, including agencies and departments
- Nonprofit organizations, including civic organizations and charities
- Educational systems, institutions, and schools
- Private sector companies
To improve the safety, health, mobility, sustainability, opportunities, education, infrastructure, and services of Austin for all people through applications of technology, data, and analytics that augment decisions, operations, and environments. To share our impact, experiences, expertise, and lessons with the world as a leading smart city:
- Anyone can use and benefit from this platform: it is available to all people, communities, organizations, companies
- Any person or organization can contribute to this platform’s capabilities: it publishes its architecture, uses open standards and documented APIs, and is sustained and advanced through fair collaborative procedures
- Any other city can benefit from our architecture, projects, procedures, and experiences
A comprehensive, integrated, inclusive, sustainable, advancing smart city infrastructure that supports numerous projects and offers services that continuously improve operations, services, and quality of life, while increasing efficiencies and reducing costs, for Austin and its constituents.
- Inform and educate the public, and civic stakeholders and decision makers, about the nature and breadth of smart cities approaches and their diverse benefits for civic, public, and social good.
- Articulate, evaluate, and prioritize the civic needs, priorities & opportunities for smart city efforts in the Austin metropolitan area
- Share and promote efforts of all Austin Smart City Alliance members in the smart cities space to support and build a strong smart cities ecosystem
- Identify & pursue collaborative smart city projects & funding to address civic needs, priorities & opportunities
- Develop a comprehensive, integrated, inclusive, sustainable smart city architecture, recognizing open standards and documenting its APIs to welcome new contributions
- Share information & develop collaborations among other smart city efforts around the state, nation and world, and with related efforts, that elevate their impact & value
- People and planet first
Technology, data and analytics provide the ‘smart,' but ‘cities’ are about people—and so are our efforts
Priorities are protecting people and planet, augmenting & enriching people, sustaining resources and environment—not about replacing people or increasing costs, impacts
- Inclusiveness & diversity
For people, and for all people: benefit all residents and visitors, not just subsets
In participation: anyone can join, anyone can contribute
Seeks to balance benefits while providing help to those who need it most
Equality among participants regardless of size, nature, etc.
- Openness, transparency
Activities and benefits openly shared, documented for community
Internal workings shared, documents to all members
Standards-compliant whenever possible
- Privacy and security
Protect people’s privacy
Be transparent about how it is collected, protected, and leveraged
- Collaborative & professional
We support and promote each other’s efforts
We seek collaborative solutions for the challenging problems and/or for the fastest solutions/impact
Honesty, mutual respect, integrity, and professional conduct in all efforts
Sign up below to learn about ASCA news, events, and opportunities.
Austin Smart City Alliance is the new name for Austin CityUP, a nonprofit corporation with 501(c)(6) status.
Copyright © Austin Smart City Alliance,2022
Privacy & Terms of Service